the blue dolphin - 95 GTS Toyota MR2 turbo
it's a bit slippy out there -
decided to check the oil, check the tyres and wash the car. Seemed only right to go a wee run to dry it of.....
Oil was fine, good colour and plenty of it. Tyres, er yes they needed blowing up ! Also bypassed the Charcoal Canister and plumbed the boost gauge into those lines and return the MAP sensor lines to straight and direct. Now whether that's made a change I don't know but the car did feel pretty good on the shake down run. Made me smile although the roads are pretty rough and ready. Roll on the warm tarmac days
double headlight failure! -
and of course it happened at night, when else. So I drove home with the sidelights on with the very naughty front fogs in attendance. I figured better to be seen than to either be invisible or blind everyone with the main beam. Seemed an ok plan til on the expressway some pirck decided to
- pull out in front of me into the overtaking lane and slow down
- put his rear fogs on
- crawl along near enough matching the speed of the traffic in the inside lane
- brake test me while alongside said inside lane traffic
- hog the outside lane after he'd eventually crawled past the slower (but only just) traffic
- then as I undertook him (naughty I know but I really wanted past this prick) he pulled right in behind me and flicked the main beam on
Thank you very much you fucking prick I am fully aware I was breaking several rules with my lighting set up it wasn't like I planned it or had options but in no way did I endanger other road users. Look at your own driving standards before you act the prick. I place the curse of a thousand traffic wardens on your arse and a pox on your wife and kids!
Both bulbs replaced and I now have working lights. Thanks for reading