Sunday, November 07, 2004

so that's what is behind the dash board then -

indeed I have taken apart the dash board, well centre consule anyway and the tray under the steering column in an effort to find the source of that crackling noise that causes compete power failure. I found a couple of things that gave me pointers to the source of the problem


  • a couple of connector blocks that had some strands of copper reaching out

  • all the radio cables and boost gauge cables were getting crushed behind the centre consule

  • a couple of other wires that lead to nowhere



So I taped up the connector blocks removed any pointless wires and tidied the wiring so nothing was getting crushed. Have been for a few drives and no problems noted.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the problem is sorted

No comments: