Sunday, December 19, 2004

car wash and insurance news -

first off the insurance renewal. Decided that in the next year I will fit an Electronic Boost controller or at the very minimum the chargecooler I have sitting in the box room. Renewal time is apon me so I decided to ask around and get some quotes on std as the car is and then after I had added the above mods. Surprisingly Norich Direct, Prestige and Elephant all said no to the modifications I was planning and even the std car was going to be rather expensive.

I spoke to Adrian Flux and they quoted me very nicely and even the planned mods would be no bother either. Oddly enough I took them up on their offer before they changed their minds. Woo hoo

Washed the car today as the amount of grit on the road is turning the car a sh1tty shade of brown and I'm having difficulty seeing out the sdie windows. Ho hum. Now its winter up here in bonny scotland and the last few days have ben somewhat cold. Nothing out of th ordinary for this time of year just plain old cold. So i turn up at the jetwash and its frozen. Go to the next one and its frozen too. What is wrong with these places that they can't keep the jetwashes operating in cold weather. Not even snow on the ground just a bit cold. At this point I'm running out of options and daylight so plan Z is hatched. head to the parents!

Now normally I would be quite happy just to wash the car using bucket and sponge but because of the grit and mank on the car from the roads I wanted to jet wash the blighter first and then sponge it down. So headed off to my parents and set up their hose and soaked the car. Upon applying the soapy water with the sponge I realised the soapy water was actually freezing on the car body! Ok, now thats cold. Of course the water that was on the car was freezing meant that the water that was falling to the ground was.... yup its was freezing on the ground too. Mmmm maybe this wasn't such a good idea afterall???

Got the car washed without breaking my neck and it looked pretty good I have to say.

The weather is pretty cold as I have said and the roads are just greasy and horrible to drive on so I am taking it really carefull out there and just crusing round the corners and only giving it the gas when I know its all straightened up. Don't get any prizes for digging a hole in the crash barrier or the tarmac.

No comments: