Monday, April 17, 2006

pah toyo 15" rubbish -

had a chance to try out the new toyo 1r's and what a huge disappointment. Exactly the same as the 1s's. Feels like the sidewall is flexing under load and the car is just unstable with direction changes / line changes / tightening lines etc.

It feels like the tyres just dont grip until you give them abuse then I have to wind off some lock to keep the same line. But when I arrive at the next corner, they have cooled down again and the same thing happens again. boo hoo.

Have managed to get a set of evo 6 rims which were advertised as 17 x 8inch rims but turned out to be 17 x 7.5inch which means I'm squashing tyres to fit for the rear 235 x 40 and I'd guess rules out any chance of 245 x 35. Just waiting on some spigots and shorter wheel nuts to arrive then I can fit the wheels to the car. In time for the spirited april drive next weekend. On new wheels( for me ) and brand new tyres. Perfect timing no............ Defo not even good timing

Should be interesting though

1 comment:

John Oldfield said...

cmon , wheres the pics of your new wheels??????