Saturday, June 10, 2006

number plate removal -

indeed I have removed the rubbish UK spec number plate and all the gunk that was left. Left to do are

  • fix the marked paintwork - looks like left over from another plate holder

  • get some mounting screws for the JDM spec plate I have
  • er fit the plate and holder onto the car



The plate was stuck on with sticky pads and I pondered for a while how to remove the blighter. Couldn't really lever it off as that would wreak the paintwork. Couldn't pull the plate off cause, well I just couldn't. Then John had a brilliant almost offhand idea. Use Dental floss!

Indeed 3 or 4 metres of dental floss later I had cheesewired the old plate off. Took about 15 minutes. Just wrap the ends round a pair of screwdrivers (saved cutting my fingers off lol) and saw at the plate. Came off in one piece very quickly. Bumper started like



ended up like this after plate removal



and after some cleaning with white spirit ended up with this (note bag and my feet lol)



Now just to get the new plate and holder fitted and hey presto, nice front end .

No comments: