Tuesday, September 19, 2006

air con totally dead -

i guess after 2 years of no gas and not working (sic) it was inevitable that something else would be wrong with the system. I think in this case the compresser seals have gone as the front condenser seals are all new. Whatever the air con no working and I'm not spending any more money on it. With luck I'll get some money back for the front condenser and then seal up the pipes that are remaining.

On another note the replacement coolant radiator has developed a leak. Anybody see a pattern emerging yet? The good news is I discovered today that the bleed valve had another 1/2 to 3/4 turn left on it til it started tightening up. I wonder who left it like that? Ah that would be me....

This might explain the somewhat odd behaviour of the leak. It only seemed to leak when the engine was turned off. Was fine while idling but not after the engine was shut down. A loose bleed valve might allow the coolant to escape as the pressure built up after shut down. That's my hope anyway so I'll monitor the levels and leaks over the coming days. More hassle more expense. Pah!

No comments: