Sunday, May 27, 2007

wee update -

ok so I noticed some of the vacuum pipes were looking a bit old and a couple of them even had splits on them. They have lasted 12years in an engine bay so they'll done well.

Anyhow, I bought some nice new silicon tubing and have replaced most of the tubing as shown below. I like it

new shiny blue silicon vacuum hosing

I've also plumbed the thermocouple into a take off line rather than risk damaging the sensor everytime the core gets moved. Ok so it may not be as good a position but it's good enough for my needs. One thing I did notice was the in dash display is somewhat out and this has been confirmed by using another display. Also the thermocouple lead from the engine bay into the cabin is somewhat past it's best.

Some research I've done confirms thermocouple leads break down with heating / cooling cycles and that's the one thing you can't avoid in an engine bay. I'll come up with something else soon, stay tuned as they say.

No comments: