Saturday, October 31, 2009

MOT time -

er it failed lol. Rear tyres on / below legal limit which is fine I have no complaints about that at all. Coming into the winter with on the limit tyres is plain dumb and it's forced me to actually pick a tyre brand / model! So after much deliberating and trying to find someone with tyres I've plumbed for a completely new brand to me but recommended by folks running the same car as me.

Choices were for widths

245x40x17 - I know they'll fit without rubbing but waste of a 9 inch rim
255x40x17 - now you're talking and it **shouldn't** rub - note the use of shouldn't praying

Uniroyal Rainsport 2 - couldn't get them in any size I wanted
Goodyear F1's D3 - not impressed with the last set I had
Hankook RS'2 - not on sale anymore
Falken 452 - got good feedback from folks using them
falken 452

Kumho KU31 - again good feedback from folks using them and I know someone running them
kumho ku31

Bridgestone SO2 - Porsche fitment with the real aggressive tread wear
bridgestone so2

So I plumbed for the Kumho's in 255x40x17 so hopefully they'll be good - usual new tyre warnings apply - they'll grip like a wet bar of soap on lino til they wear away the mould releasing film!

Steering gaiter split and front brake balance dangerous. Ho hum, all getting fixed as we speak. Bloody cars

2 comments:

John Oldfield said...

never thought Id see the day ...... Kumhos ......lol

hope the MOT gets sorted

95 GTS said...

yeah I know. The new Goodyears have not got good feedback from people using them and the old D3's well they weren't a patch on the D2's. Was going to get SO2's but a bit much the now. Hopefully the Kumho's will be good otherwise burn out city