Wednesday, June 16, 2004

suspension top plates?? Yes we can get them

spoke to Fensport regarding the top spring plates for the troublesome front suspension. They don't have them nor order them in so its off to Toyota.

Now Toyota are bit um, er pedantic about ordering parts for mr2's. They always want chassis number which isn't usually a problem just a pain. However as the turbo is an import, they kinda go a bit funny. So with this in mind I phoned Shields Toyota and expected the worst.

Indeed the conversion went like this
Toyota: Chassis number sir?
Me: Dunno its an M plate rev3 mr2
Toyota: OK, I'll see what the computer has
Me: Ok, thanks
Toyota: Its not a stock item, take 2 days to get them unless its a back order
Me: Cool, I'll have 2 please. Can I pick them up on Saturday morning?
Toyota: Of course, I'll mark them for Sat urday collection. I'll call if there is a delay
Me: Ok, thanks

Very quick and efficient and only £21.50 each + VAT. Quite reasonable since they are the size of dinner plates.

More Later

No comments: