Tuesday, October 25, 2005

MOT booked -

sadly not at my usual garage so I'm hoping not to have a fight over the emission CAT / NON CAT arguement. The turbo being an import on an M plate and not matching the DVLC MOT testers book ie SW20 chassis and 3S-GTE engine means its a NON CAT test but most garages just put it through as the UK model which of course does not exist.

I am however hoping that's the only issue. The tyres all look legal with the wear indicators still below the tread blocks indicating life left but to be honest with the weather closing in on us the tyres are beyond the safety margin of not binning it. The small matter of £350 a set however does stop it being an instant decision.

All the lights work as far as I know so I'll maybe give it a jet wash on Friday eve to make it look cleaner. Esp after the sunday drive to pitlochry, its looking a bit dirty now.

No comments: