Saturday, November 26, 2005

belts tightened and odd idling problem -

indeed this morning I got up bright and early to get the alternator belt and as it turned out the air con belts re-tightened. Turned out both had slackened off after being replaced last month. Has it done the job, find out on the next cold start but I reckon it will be fine.

To save time this morning I went out last night and got petrol and the car had this really bad cold idle, it was trying to idle at about 500rpm. It managed it after a minute or two but it never really felt like it could sustain it. One the way back from getting petrol it was idling around 400rpm. Now I was impressed that it was even holding an idle at that speed, hardly any sound from the engine just a light purring.

So this morning I was all ready to adjust the idle and yet it was just fine. Idled at a steady 1200rpm when cold and when warm an easy 750. Just like it should. Weird but I reckon more to do with the cold spell we've been having and sitting for week in that weather doing hee haw.

Must also get brake fluid to top it up. Time for new discs and pads for the front/ More money, sigh

No comments: