Saturday, March 15, 2008

rear tyres are gone -

yup they are spinning up coming out of junctions so that's the end for them. So I've got a new pair of 245 40 17's on order, hopefully they'll arrive soon. Wheel nuts have been purchased for the black OZ wheels, including the mandatory locking set. I have some choices on the fronts but 215 40 17's will be ordered this week to hopefully for fitting at the weekend, yup Easter. That's twice in 3 years I've had issues with tyres around Easter time. Must plan things better.

New radiator should have been fitted today but due to PayPal taking 7 to 9 days to clear funds that's been put back somewhat. I've spoken to the Ebay company and sorted this out with a Switch payment over the phone. Job done. What I am doing is trying to source why PayPal is now taking so long for bank transfers. Used to be instant.

On a completely different topic I had some issues signing in to https sites and Live Messenger. https sites had certificate errors and messenger just never logged in. After a wee bit of searching I found an article relating to update KB944533. Now I checked the system and sure as KB944533 was loaded 03 Mar 08 and that's when the issues started. Since I was away for 4 days after that it wasn't immediately obvious. So I removed the KB944533 and rebooted - hey presto everything works as normal though I had to reset the computer date which had changed. Also had to reload some updates but made darned sure KB944533 wasn't one of them. Everything working ok now

No comments: