Tuesday, March 03, 2009

fun fun fun -

so I had a new passenger sill fitted and painted to replace the bubbling old one. Turned out the underseal on the car had trapped some water against the sill and we all know what happens given enough time after that. Pah

Also had a wee play with the boost controller as it didn't seem to be spooling as quickly as I'd like it.

Pre change:
Gain : 18
Ratio : 35 => ish 13psi
Ratio : 58 => ish 17psi

The above settings held a steady boost and all was good but watching the boost gauge you could read the boost as it came in like 10, 12, 14, 17 psi. Which is fine but loses out that instant hit not to mention midrange acceleration. After some playing I now have

Post change:
Gain : 40
Ratio : 35 => ish unknown - never tested it
Ratio : 58 => ish 18psi certainly hold high 17's

I think I may have to turn the Ratio down but bugger me does it hit that boost level real quick. 10, 17, 18 lol I think 16 or 17 should be enough for a 115k mile motor. Besides, now it's snowing lol. First week of spring too

No comments: