Friday, July 30, 2010

it's finally happened -

after 7 years and 60k+ miles of motoring, some easy and some a little bit spirited I have to report the demise of the temperature monitor battery. It showed me the way to not spending money when it wasn't required to be spent. How on the road intake temperatures on the std turbo were not high enough to warrant spending money on a fancy intercooler setup (we'll ignore the brief flirtation with charge cooling thank you) so spend it on petrol instead. It has served me well and the car faithfully through all this time but it has been dealt a death blow by my own hand. Indeed, I left the bloody thing on after last Sunday's little drive out and by the Wednesday night when I got back in the car the battery symbol was showing. Time to purchase a new 9V battery and in a fitting tribute I have shown below a picture of how the gauge looked in it's prime.

YELLOW intake temperature meter

No comments: