Sunday, March 04, 2012

vtec.... snigger hehe

 now don't get me wrong, VTEC is a wonderful engineering masterpiece but it's not the silver bullet for every possible motoring situation. Take today, Civic Type R 56 plate and he's motoring along til gets held up by slower traffic. So I'm behind him patiently waiting my turn to overtake the Sunday driver and suddenly Type R goes for it. I follow straight away and keep my foot in it. Type R stays on the other side of the raod and doesn't pull back in, I'm now feathering the throttle as I've caught him up. Type R pulls over after a gear change that frankly I'd be ashamed of and I plant the throttle again. Result - I pull clear of him and fire some VPower at him on my gearshift (one of my better ones!)

Is my car better, clearly not. His is newer and handles way better but no amount of gearing and clever  valve technology is going to make 140ftlb outdrag 250ftlb when the vehicles in question weigh near enough the same.

No comments: