Saturday, July 17, 2004

temp gauge installed - sensor moved to intake pipe

Ok, so the temperature gauge is installed in the car and the expected problem arose almost straight away. Its an LED unit which means in bright sunlight, I can't see the damned thing! A little modification of where the units sits is going to be required.
 
However since I haven't actually mounted it anywhere this is not such a problem. I also changed the position of the temp sensor. Previously it sat in the brake duct of the manifold but now I moved it so it sits directly in the path of the air entering the manifold. How long it lasts under that pressure it debatable but it sure is more animated than before.
 
I'll post some pics when I get round to taking some.
 
 
Also 'fixed' was the aforementioned brake pipe. I had put the temp sensor there because the pipe came off easily so it seemed less hassle to use that one. However it dawned on me like 11 months later that the reason the brake pedal MIGHT be spongy is because the pipe on the manifold doesn't seal properly. So today I bought a proper jubilee clip and replaced the spring clip and guess what? The brakes are immediately stronger and more responsive.
 
Result.

No comments: