Wednesday, January 26, 2005

car change looms : -

indeed the blue dolphin has just about wiped me out and I'm fast running out of pennies to keep it running. Timing belt change and service coming up along with new front tyres. Yes they all need done before I could consider selling the car but what to do afterwards.

If I sell it the options are to get another MK1 MR2 but a supercharged version. Std this comes in about 140BHP / 140ftlb but a £300 pulley conversion takes it too 180/180 which is darned nice.

i like the shape of the mk1 it just rusted on our shores and didn't have the grunt of the modern traffic. Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) cars have no rust on them and a supercharged mk1 is not slow. Not as fast as a turbo version but not slow either.

If I import a s/c version I need to get one for way less than I can sell the turbo. That is the sticking point right now.

Life, go figure

No comments: