Sunday, January 16, 2005

um - we're leaking fluid and a serious amount at that

indeed after pickingup the car I had noticed when I got home there was a burst of coolant that flew out from the engine cover. Now thinking that it was just an airlock I 3/4 filled an empty bottle with water and added that to the cooling system.

After adding the full amount I though mmmm not so good. This morning I added about 3/4 litre of anti freeze and thought not much more about it. Going to an mr2 meet out at Edinburgh I stopped at Harthill Services to meet up with the rest of the crazy gang. More coolant came bursting out of the car. Very bad

So I had a look and bugger me with a slice of lemon was there not a pipe with the clip sitting off the joint! The car is stinking hot and pishing coolant like it was going out of fashion. Lucky Paul turned up with a complete tool kit in his car and we (well he) got the clip back on to the joint. Mmmm not so clever methinks.

Anyhow its looking sorted now so I'll add some more coolant tomorrow and that should be it topped up for the final time.

Goodyear F1 tyres 195x55x15 have been priced at £62 each including fitting so hopefully next month will see then fitted.

I have done some figures calculating costs v miles and costs per month. Time to start taking the train I reckon as the figures are just too frightening to print here.

No comments: